Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sick...and Philosophical


I've been fighting a sinus and chest infection for about a month now...and I've decided I've been miserable long enough, so I've finally made an appointment to go see a doctor tomorrow. The one thing I miss most about being a child was having Mom to take care of me....now I'm Mom, and while I whine and complain, for the most part, I get it done, rather I'm sick or not.


And then at night when all is quiet and it is just me and my thoughts in the dark, I think....I think about two incredible women I would have never met if not for the web, etsy, and blogging. I have never truly met them however I call them friends and look forward to their posts and all of their new products. However lately it has been quiet for them both, one has gone through several back surgeries and just when things were looking up she suffers an emergency appendectomy. My other friend is fighting cancer. I miss them both and while I'm whimpering about my sinuses and shortness of breath I pray for both of them to get better. I didn't mean for this to be a sad post, just a reminder of all the beautiful women that maybe your best friend, neighbor, or loved one, who may be sick, or sad, or just need a caring word and hug :)

4 comments:

  1. Hopefully, you'll soon feel much better; saying a prayer for you and your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words :) I'm already feeling better! Lot's of rest helped, however the doc said I'd gained 7lbs. since last year...(I thought I'd lost weight) but atleast things are looking up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it's amazing how we become so close to our online friends, isn't it? I am making my way back around to visit my new friends from OWOH! I'm happy to count you among them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, I appreciate that. I have to admit I'm not the best blogger but I'm working at it :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails