Monday, August 31, 2009

Come little leaves....-George Cooper


I love creating treasuries! They allow me to be creative and be able to support and promote other artists just like myself!


This time the theme of the treasury is based on one of my favorite poems. I love autumn so it is know surprise I would choose this poem. Come take a look, click on the talent, enjoy the richness of an autumn day http://www.etsy.com/treasury_list.php?room_id=79261


The picture accompanying the post is by a lovely artist (who has created a lovely set of dishes for me) who owns a store by the name of One Wintery Night, you can visit her and see more of her work at http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5600587


Come Little Leaves....

- By George Cooper


"Come, little leaves,"said the wind one day,
"Come over the meadows with me, and play;


Put on your dresses of red and gold;
Summer is gone,
and the days grow cold.


"Soon as the leaves heard the wind's loud call,
Down they came fluttering,
one and all;


Over the brown fields they danced and flew,
Singing the soft little songs they knew.


"Cricket, good-bye,
we've been friends so long;


Little brook, sing us your farewell song-
Say you're sorry to see us go;
Ah! you are sorry, right well we know.


"Dear little lambs, in your fleecy fold,
Mother will keep you from harm and cold;
Fondly we've watched you in vale and glade;
Say, will you dream of our loving shade?


"Dancing and whirling the little leaves went;
Winter had called them and they were content-
Soon fast asleep in their earthy beds,
The snow laid a soft mantle over their heads.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Xanna! Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog :-) It made me all warm and fuzzy to know that you're inspired by me :-) I hope that you too can kick some serious crafting and handmaking butt on the journey that you're just beginning, and I look forward to seeing more of you around :-)

    xx Sandra

    P.S. I would usually respond by email, but yours was anonymous. Send me a hello at littlemisspepperberry AT gmail DOT com if you'd like, and I can reply in future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Xanna! I loved your treasury as well as that beautiful poem which I printed out! How lovely! and thanks for all your kind comments on my blog! I really appreciate it. It's sometimes easy to feel really alone! :) xoxo Cait

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails