Friday, October 16, 2009

Choreoghraphy


I have been busy working on choreography for the winter recital! My jazz 1-2 girls are going to do a dance to "Rock and Roll" by Eric Hutchinson and jazz 3 will do a dance to either: "Don't Call Me Baby" by Madison Avenue or "Delirious" by Prince. As for my ballet 1 classes they are creating it...I know what you are thinking "what does that mean?" I gave them each a bit of homework like: "If you were a snowflake how would you dance?" or "If you were a yellow leaf blowing in the wind, how would you dance?" Then we all will come together and they will teach the class the parts they were told to create, I then will put it all together w/ music to create an Autumn into Winter season medley :) Hopefully it works out as nicely as I see it in my head and if not I know they will have had fun creating it, seeing it come together, and will have learned a little about how dance is used to tell a story without words :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow! True artistry, Xanna! I love your idea with the kids! When I was growing up all I wanted was ballet lessons and a horse! Well, I was in my 40s when I got my horse and I think the ballet ship has sailed!! But I love reading about your life as a dance instructor!! What a wonderful creative way to live! xo Cait

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun we will live vicariously through one another :)
    Xanna :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails